Monday, March 22, 2010

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Trumpets: Fun for the Whole Family

So, of course I took my horn with me to Pittsburgh for spring break. I mean, who doesn't bring their horn with them when they travel, right?

While we were taking a walk in the neighborhood, Renee discovered that I had brought my horn, and she mentioned that not only had she played trumpet (which I knew) but that Joe had played as well (which I didn't know) and that they had several in the attic. She asked if I could play my horn a little for the girls, so I did, which led to letting them try it, which led to pulling the trumpets out of the attic, which led to a little trumpet lesson. What a riot. :)
Here, Jess (11) and Natalie (8) are giving it a try. (The mute was a must after about 5 minutes...)
Even Lindsey (6) was able to play a little, probably aided by the lack of her top front teeth!

When Joe got home from work, he showed us what he remembered.

So Renee couldn't be left out. :)

I was impressed. Each of the girls were making characteristic sounds within about 5 minutes, and Renee and Joe sounded pretty good themselves!






No comments:

Post a Comment