Monday, March 8, 2010

Friday, February 26, 2010

Janetos is a family-owned meat market here in Dover. I mean, technically it's a supermarket, but their specialty is meats. You can walk in and ask for just about any kind or cut of meat, and they'll have it. This is the place that I learned that you could order more than just what you saw in the case. There's more in the back, you know.

I also enjoy the "local flavor" you find in Janetos. It reminds me of going to the grocery store with Granny as a kid. It's kind of small and slightly dirty, and the guy behind the meat counter will talk to you for half an hour about cuts of meat (because that's what he loves to do), and the cashier is about 300 years old and has eyelashes that I think are actually made from mascara. It's good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment