Monday, March 22, 2010

Saturday, March 13, 2010


So, I didn't update for an entire week because I was on spring break. I figured, the blog is called "Happiness in New Hampshire," so if I'm not in New Hampshire, I must be off the hook, right? After a verbal flogging from 50% of my loyal readership (that's you, Stacy...) who said "What? You can't be happy in other places?" I rethought things.

For that reason, I bring you:

Happiness in New Hampshire: Spring Break Edition

This one's for you, Stace.

Spring Break 2010: First stop, Newark, Delaware, for the Northeast Horn Workshop.

Jason, who entertains me greatly on his own, even in the state of New Hampshire (and therefore will probably get his own blog entry later on), recently purchased a Vienna horn. A Vienna horn, for those who don't know, is essentially a single F horn. For reasons too detailed to explain here, accuracy is more difficult on a single horn than on a double horn (what most horn players use), yet the Vienna Orchestra horn section still uses Vienna horns, even when most of the rest of the world has switched to a less regional model of instrument.

Here, Jason's getting some practice time in at a rest stop in Connecticut. (I think...)



1 comment:

  1. I am glad I had an effect on the blog, and sorry I have not followed more often. Traveling prevented it!

    ReplyDelete